Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Proud Mom!



I picked up Salvador from daycare/preschool today and to my suprise, he got an certificate of achievement today. I guess they were testing him on his Spanish speaking skills and out of all the bilingual kids, he was the only one that got a perfect score. They would give him commands in Spanish and he did every single one! Can I please just tell you that I almost started crying at preschool! Yep, my kid knows Spanish! I always get nervous that he doesn't really understand it but obviously he is catching on! He always talks to Sal in Spanish and when Sal talks to him, he always seems to know what he is saying. I just had a real good proud mom moment!


Over the weekend, Sal and I got to chaperone Homecoming for my school. It was so nice because I don't know the last time Sal and I went on a date and plus we had been stuck in the house with a sick child (who was feeling better by Saturday) and the horrible smoke. We went out to Outback for dinner first and then off to the dance! We had so much fun! We took goofy pictures and had fun staring at some of the very interesting dresses! We had a little too much fun with the camera!
This last picture is from about a month ago when we went to Disneyland! The two men I love most! I DIE over this picture!

6 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Vicki, that is so awesome about Sal!!! That's really neat.

You and Sal look like you had a blast on your date. How fun! I bet those homecoming dreseses were a crack up! I wish you got some pictures of those!!!

The Fossetts said...

Cute pics! It's really cool that your little one knew spanish! Congrats :)

Rebecca M said...

Hey! How are you?!? Ugh, we are so frustrated with the whole housing thing. We have been looking in the Lakewood, Bellflower, Long Beach areas but the 2 houses we put offers in on were in BF. It's so competitive that people are paying waaaay too much for housing! So we're not gunna be caught up in that, definitely don't want to get ripped off on a house! Good luck in your search!

Jenny said...

Hey...email me. I can't find your email and I'm trying to get your address for Christmas cards.

A Rosie Family said...

Fun times and cute boys! Congrats on baby boy #2 also!!

Ryan and Tenneal said...

I'd cry too, that's pretty cool.