I know it has been a while since I posted but seriously, I can't even begin to describe how busy life has been. Here are some of the things that have made me cry, want to pull my hair out and laugh. 1. My messy house makes me want to cry and pull my hair out. I realize that a house doesn't clean itself but it would be really nice if someone invented on that did! Trying to work 2 jobs, have a husband in school and a 2 year old really doesn't leave much time to clean a house. I try really hard and Sal helps out, when he doesn't have his nose in a book, but my house doesn't stay clean.
I guess I should be happy that my house doesn't look like this! This is NOT my house!
2. This is what I feel like when I come home from work. I don't know how many of you know what it is like to work with 160 15-18year olds all day long but it can really take a toll on a person. I feel sometimes like Michelle Pfifer in the movie, "Dangerous Minds." Those are some of my students. I like most of them but sometimes I feel like if some of them never came to school again, I wouldn't really care. I know that is bad to say but I am just in a funk. I also work an online job and that is stressful as well, considering I just took over the position of department chair. I think I am losing my mind! I guess the Lord thinks I can handle all this!
3. I am ready for Sal to graduate! Does it ever end? I have to look at the positive! Only one more year. I swear the closer he gets to graduating, the more stressed out I get and I am not even the one in college. I can't even imagine what he is going through.


4. And after all the stresses, hair pulling, screaming and crying, I get to come home to them. I swear, they both always make me feel so much better! Even when my son is dumping all the cheezit's on the ground or telling me no, he'll do something so cute, that I forget about all the bad things and my heart will just melt to hear him sing along to Plaza Sesamo (spanish Sesame Street) or come up to me and tell me "I U" (I love you). And Sal will come up and rub my back or cook dinner when I have had a bad day, even though he might have a ton of homework. I really am blessed in life.
What makes you feel better after a bad day or week or month??
7 comments:
I know how you feel.. except I only had to be a working mom for 6 months because I was pregnant I had to stop teaching half way through the school year.. Hang in there, you'll make it. I always ended a bad week/day with a good cry in the bathroom.. you gotta just let it all out and let it be done with so you can move on... I know that sounds really sad, but it works. By the way, I think I'm going to apply to teach part-time with CAVA.. what do you think? Do you recommend it?
This is Tricia, friend of Sarah Hull and fellow blogstalker! First of all, I am so happy that the first picture wasn't of your house! I have to addmit however it did make me feel better that although my house is messy that picture takes the cake! Kudos to you for pulling through!
oh good! It's always nice to know people in high places... I have to apply for elementary because I have a multi-subject credential... So, let's hope for the best!
Vicki- trust me when I say I know EXACTLY how you feel about a clean house! I can never keep mine clean. It is one of those things I try really hard at but am just not good at. I have constant piles, messes and clutter. And it seems like just when I feel like the laundry or dishes are caught up... more are waiting to be done! I have realized that a clean house is nice but with little ones around, spending time with them is priority. There will always be house work to do! And I was laughing when you said you felt like Michelle Pfifer from Dangerous Minds b/c that is how I pictured your school after some of the stories you have told me! I would love to be a fly on the wall in your classroom! I bet it is great and I am sure they all love you (even though you probably put them in their place)! :)
How cute are you!!! I think we have all felt like that at some time in our wonderful days... weeks... months. (however lucky you might be.. my tend to be daily wink!) I admire you for keeping it together while at the same time working. I can't imagine how hard that is.
You are a tough chickie-my mother is a full time Jr.High teacher and she comes home and is never done with her work for the day.Plus you have another job online part time?Sounds exhausting-and then you come home to another full time job as a mother and a wife?!Yikes, I don't know how ya do it.!I too am awaiting my husband's graduation in about a year.It does feel stressful.We get stressed when our husbands are stressed. Sounds like you are a wonderful help to your family and a great mommy!Hang in there, you are stronger than you know. Take care and enjoy your Christmas break! <3
Amen on the house situation. I am looking around today and just dont know where to even begin. You are my hero for juggling all that you do.
For some reason... i don't have your email address. I need to send you an invitation. will you Send me your email asap to my email. sawaksmith@hotmail.com
Post a Comment