Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A long post

I FINALLY found my attachment to upload my pictures so I figured I would do a quick recap of my summer with lots of photos and not much writing. I start back to work tomorrow (the 21st) and as much as I am NOT looking forward to it, I must say that summer was a blast. I would've like to hang out with friends more but it seemes everyone was pushing out babies. Maybe next time. Okay, so here it goes!
As a surprise for Sal's 30th birthday, we flew this guy (his brother Daniel) in from Colorado for a week. He hid in the backseat and when Sal came out to my car, I said there was something heavy and could he please get it!



We celebrated with a BIG birthday party for Sal. (Thanks Amanda and Summer for getting my husband addicted to Sprinkles Red Velvet. That was his birthday cake!! We love them!)We expressed our artistic abilites (or for me, lack of), even in places we weren't supposed to!!!



Then we cleaned up the artistic creativity! Can you say child labor??




For 4th of July, we spent a couple of days down in San Diego at a beautiful timeshare, that we don't own and it was free!! We went with sal's sister and family. It was so relaxing and so fun!!

Probably one of my favorite parts of the summer, we did my grandma's temple work and then sealed her to my grandpa and then sealed my dad and his brother to his parents. It was an amazing experience!!! Very spiritual and very cool to be apart of it. Each of the women in my family did some part of my grandma's work!
Took a quick trip to Arizona with Ili (my sister in law) and found these groovy hats!! If anyone wants one for their birthday, I know where you can get them!Went camping with my family to Lake Cachuma, minus my husband Sal (he had to to work.) Notice the nasty film of dirt around Salvador's mouth. No matter how much I washed him, he was ALWAYS dirty but we had a blast. The picture on top is called a yurt. That is what we stayed in. It is a mix between a teepee and a tent. It was cool and had beds!!
I met up with Jodie at Seal Beach pier. I haven't seen her in at least 7 years. I LOVE her! She is so fun and hope she will move back to California one day!! HINT, HINT!! While we were there, we ran into my friend Rachel, who I haven't seen since my wedding, that was 5 years! It was reunion day! Oh the picture on top, is of a guy that was on the pier fishing and looking for a wife. I almost took him up on his offer!!!!!!!!

For my 30th birthday in July, Sal took me to my favorite place in Long Beach, the Queen Mary. We took the haunted tour, which was really fun!! We first went to Sprinkles, then to the Queen Mary and then to Cheesecake Factory!!! It was a great day!



At the beginning of August, I had to go to Virginia for some teacher training. Luckily, I had my sister with me. We were in meetings from 8:30am-6:00pm at night. One night, we went into D.C. and took a night tour. I love D.C.!!!! I can't wait to go back! It is probably one of my favorite places in the U.S. It is absolutely beautiful and just takes your breath away! My camera died, so I was only able to get a few pictures of the many places we went. (If you ever go, know that when someone talks about the national mall, it isn't a big shopping mall. It is the place many of the monuments are. I thought I was going to do some major shopping!)

Overall, my summer was great. I got to spend a lot of time with Sal and Salvador, which I wanted to do before I went back to the demands of work. Only 10 more months and I get to do it all over again!!!!!

5 comments:

Hilarie said...

What a fun summer you guys had! It always goes by so fast unfortunately! Any luck with the potty training?

Presley family said...

Looks Like TONS of fun!!! Sorry you have to go back to work already... :( Summer always seems to go way to fast!!! BIG HUGS!!

Sarah Hull said...

I loved talking you (for 2.2 seconds... sorry it was all about me and then you got to talk for 1 second and then had to go... we need to obviously finish that conversation!!!!!)
You look beautiful in your pictures! I love that "tent" thing. I need one of those... that is my kind of camping!
Let's meet up at Frosted this week. I drove by today, but for some reason they are closed on Mondays! Urg.

Jodie said...

Happy 30th to you and Sal. Tell Sal that my bday gift to him was the picture from Seal Beach (hee hee)
I had such a fun time at the pier, we'll do it again next time I make it to Cali. And as for moving back, it is always a good possibility! Love ya

SUMMER said...

I love the summer update... and Sal is too cute for words!