Friday, September 19, 2008

Craziness!!!

These past couple weeks have been a little crazy but when is life not crazy! So last week, Sal developed this small bump on the side of his hip, which we thought was an ingrown hair. Well, on Wednesday night (9/10), he was complaining that is really hurt so I took him to emergency and they said it was cellulitis, gave him some antibiotics and sent him on his way. Well, when I came home from girl's weekend (more to come), I came home to a giant boil on the side of his hip and him barely able to walk. So last Saturday, we went back to the emergency, he had 102.2 temp and after 5 hours in emergency, they cut it open and drained it. I will spare you the pics but lets just say it was super disgusting. Thankfully, he is feeling a lot better and his boil his much better!

That is Sal under the blanket in the emergency room.

Well, me being the good wife that I am, I left my sick husband at home (he told me to go) and went out for a fun weekend with my two bestest friends in the world. Kasey flew down from Sacramento and we picked up Sarah for a fun weekend. We started off with lunch at Ruby's, where we met up with Shauna and Kathi. Then it was off to the Irvine Spectrum where we spent 6 hours shopping, eating, trying on goofy things, fashion shows and rubbing elbows with celebrities. (I would love to post pictures but my computer is being really retarded. For pictures, see Kasey or Sarah's blogs on my link list).

After the Spectrum, we went down to Sarah's beach house and spent the night. Then next morning we went to a little place for breakfast and then headed to the beach. Overall, it was one of the best weekends. It's been a while since it was just the three of us. Sarah and I have been friends since freshman year and were roommates in college for a year. Kasey and I met senior year in high school but didn't really become best friends until right after high school and then we had some of the best and funniest experiences ever. I love both of these girls.

I wish I could post pictures but my computer has a virus, I think or it is just really slow.

So the other day, I was at work and had the strongest craving for Taco Bell nacho cheese. Crazy huh?? Why else do people crave Taco Bell????????

Yep, I am pregnant again! I have known for about a month but have forgot to post! I am 8 weeks and went and saw the heartbeat on Thursday. Dr. says everything looks good. I am just super, super tired and have no appetite after lunch. Other than that, things are good. I am due May 4th but because I am voluntary C-section, I am hoping they will take him or her earlier.

Hopefully by next post, my computer will be normal.

13 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Yippee for baby #2!!! Glad to hear you heard the heartbeat and that everything is looking good. That really was a super fun weekend. I can't wait until we can do it again. I hope Sal is on the mend. What a bummer!

Hilarie said...

I am so excited for you guys Vicki! A big huge congratulations! Hope all is well and that Sal's boil is healing!

Betsy said...

Congrats on the baby!! That is so exciting!

Rachel Garces said...

yeah for another baby. We're still working on it over here at our house. Frustrated is a good word. Nico is may 1, it's a great month for having a baby. I am so happy for you.

Mamasita said...

Vicki that was a lot all in one post! I too had a fab weekend! Thanks for all the laughs. I am glad sal is better..scary stuff!
ANd baby #2...Good Luck.
I hope it is a boy!

A Rosie Family said...

Congrats on baby #2! I have been waiting for this post. Hope you are felling well and having "happy thoughts".

Sorry to hear about Sal's hip.. hope he is healing and feeling better. Those things can be brutal!

Jenny said...

Congrats! I'd love to say 'it's about time'...however, I've decided my kids are way too close in age. Also, I think it's funny that you brought your camera to the ER. The blogging world has taken over.

Anonymous said...

congrats on your pregancy! :)

Brian and Kara said...

Congrats on baby #2! Hope you're feeling well. I know the beginning is so tough. Sounds like you guys had a fun filled weekend. Hopefully you won't have anymore. Take care!

SUMMER said...

Congrats on the pregnancy Vicki! That is wonderful news!

Bobbi said...

Okay, this is weird, but I have another friend who recently posted a very similar story on her blog....Check it out at...
http://rogproctorfamily.blogspot.com/2008/08/never-dull-moment.html

and the rest of the story here...

http://rogproctorfamily.blogspot.com/2008/09/hospitalcrazy-whirlwind-story.html

Congrats on the baby!!!

Ammon & Liz Ashby said...

Hi Vicki! This is your long lost roommate from Utah State...remember me! I found you blog through Jenni's! Looks like you are doing well what a cute little boy! Also congrats on baby #2...how exciting. Check out my blog at ammonandliz.blogspot.com

Jodie said...

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you guys! Love girl's weekends, what a fun getaway. Miss ya, come see me!