Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Say goodbye!

I am by NO means rich. I am more poor than anything but today I have to say good bye to:
shopping trips to this place

Movie nights





eating out so much
my house cleaner (not my actual house cleaner)



internet on my phone



downgrading my cable




and I have to start getting the Sunday newspaper to clip these:




I was laid off from CAVA (my second job, the online high school) today. The economy sucks and because I was part time, I was let go. My dreams of being a stay at home mom for next year might not happen now. Hopefully, God will put another job in my way so that I can stay home for next year!!!! We will just have to wait and see! At least I have these two people to keep a smile on my face!

These pictures explain it all! They too feel the way I do right now! At least we have each other!

6 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

DON'T Give up the house cleaner! Get on welfare if you have to... just to keep a clean house. I always say, everything else can go, except the house cleaner!

Oh, Vicki. I am SO sorry. That job seemed so perfect for you. Gosh, I can't believe these scary times. Keep up the positive attitude and strong faith and it will all work out. The Lord is so good.

Love you!
Good luck!

Rachel Garces said...

You have a house cleaner? Lucky. Everytime I bring it up I get shut down. Hold on to that. We are feeling the same pinch at our house. I feel ya. I had to drive my car until my mileage said 3 miles to empty cuz we had no $$$$$. Keep paying that tithing. And it will be all good. Maybe not how we planned but good all the same.

Dustin and Melissa said...

Hey Vicki...these are scary times. Hang in there and keep the faith. You and Sal are a strong couple and things have a way of turning around when you least expect them to.

Rebecca M said...

Awwww, I loved this post. Not that you lost your job of course, that sucks, but how positive you are. At least we always have our families, that's all that really matters! Fingers crossed that something else comes up and works out!

Mamasita said...

Gerky,
So sorry. Times a tough.At least you still have a job..and it's kind of a good one, right?

Olive-us said...

I agree with everyone.
Especially NOT giving up your house keeper. With you working full time as a teacher, pregnant mother to a 2 year old, and a wife, a house keeper is not a luxury. It is a NECESSITY!!
If anyone can get through this it's definitely you.