This one is going to be long, so I will try to write less and post more pictures. Quick update on the Twilight post (see post below), Sal didn't hate it but he didn't love it. He said it was to emo and not enough vampire stuff. Him and his 2 friends were also the only males in the movie, besides one guy who was there with his wife. I still make fun of him to this day!
I have had almost 3 weeks off of work and have been up to a lot, OBVIOUSLY! The pictures wouldn't move and download properly, so the pictures on top are from Christmas and the ones on the bottom are from New Year's. Please forgive the funky faces from New Year's.
I have had almost 3 weeks off of work and have been up to a lot, OBVIOUSLY! The pictures wouldn't move and download properly, so the pictures on top are from Christmas and the ones on the bottom are from New Year's. Please forgive the funky faces from New Year's.
For New Year's, we went to Sal's sister's stake party for a little bit. We entered a dance contest and lost. We think it was all political but we had fun anyway! Then we headed over to my sister's house for the rest of the evening to play dominoes and cards. We had a lot of fun and stayed up WAY too late, including my son!
The party that I am referring to in my title is the pity party I had for myself this morning while lying in bed. I was thinking how I really have no friends. Let me rephrase that, I NEVER see my few friends I have and hardly talk to them. Luckily, they are the type of friends who even if we don't talk for a month, it's like we talk everyday. Anyway, I was getting down and hating the fact that I go on people's blogs and see how they do all these fun things with their friends and go out on girl's nights and weekends and I just got sad. I work full time so I don't get to do all those fun things that mom's get to do in the middle of the day. Is anyone else feeling me on this???? So I finally got out of bed, and starting reading blogs (probably not the best thing to do when feeling down about not having friends). As I was feeling depressed, I came across a blog of a woman who was just diagnosed with cancer and my whole attitude changed. Here is this woman who has been diagnosed with a possible deadly disease and I am feeling all blue about something so small. Then I started to really appreciate what I have:
1. A wonderful husband who treats me like a queen and shows me so much love.
2. A healthy and happy son who talks a lot. Sometimes I see the talking as a bother but I am just thankful he can talk.
4. Wonderful siblings, great in-laws and fun sisters-in-law.
5. To be healthy and to have a great pregnancy so far!
6. To be part of a great church, which really is why my life is so good.
7. For the few friends I have, who although I don't talk to often, I know are always there!
8. My Father in Heaven, who for some reason keeps blessing me, even though I often fail.
9. For a t.v. that entertains my child while I work on the computer. (I also have an online job, along with my full time job).
10. A good job that for now financially takes care of my family, until Sal graduates in MAY!!!! YEAH!!!
I could go on and on but that might get boring. I am so blessed and luckily was able to leave my pity party pretty quickly and I hope never to go to a party like that again. It wasn't very fun.
Luckily, my day got even better when I met up with Sarah and Shawna for lunch! I love those girls! They really know how to brighten someone's day! Thanks girls! I really needed that time! I hope everyone has a great year! One more quick update on the pregnancy, everything is great. I am 23 weeks and it was definitely confirmed that we are having another boy! YEAH! His name will be Samuel James Zuniga! Samuel after the prophet and James after my dad!
6 comments:
Congrats on the boy! Your son is so cute!! I remember seeing him at some meeting for some YW thing a long time ago and thinking he was the cutest thing! I totally feel ya on the feeling lonely sometimes thing! It sucks growing up and having so much responsibility huh!?! It really is hard to stay in touch and not have conflicting schedules! Oh and also thanks for reminding me that things could be a lot worse! Good post!
Love you Vicki!
Thank you for that reflection. I needed that today.
Love the name you have chosen for baby boy #2! However, I am a little jelous about you getting two boys because you know I am now a boy fan!
Let's plan a GNO soon!
Wow! It has been a long time. Looks like your family is doing well and that you for sharing your blessings with us. Congratulations on the upcoming graduation! Happy New Year!
You need to call me next time you are feeling down!! You are an awesome friend, I wish I didn't live so far away!! Congrats of your baby boy, I am so excited for you! Lots of love
The pregnant thing wasn't happening, so I casually mentioned it to nick, he totally jumped on board and here I am with big boobs. I LOVE them so much.
is rachel preggers?
Post a Comment