I went with one of my friends to protest the budget cuts in my district. Unfortunately, it was a waste of time. They cut about 200 positions from my tiny little district (let's just say that is A LOT for such a little distict). Unfortunately, one of my good friends was one of them. I thought my job was safe until Thursday night at my baby shower (see below) when my friend called me and told me everyone hired from 2003 and on, was most likely going to lose their job. Oh, I was hire in 2003. I freaked. I held it together until Sal got home from his mom's and then the tears started. He had to keep me calm, due to my condition, and he gave me a blessing. I was hoping to hear that I would have a job but I didn't hear that. I was told to have peace and trust in the Lord. Surprisingly, I was so calm after that. Well Friday came, the day to pass out pink slips, and I was calm but it was on my mind. Let's just say when the bell rang at 3:05, I have never been so happy to leave school, WITHOUT a pink slip. I still have my job for next year! As much as I want to be a stay at home, in today's economy that might not be possible. Maybe in a few years! Now on to the fun of the week! Thursday, I got to hang out with these wonderful people
I like this picture because it looks like Amanda and I are dating.
Just some baby updates: I went to the doctor today for an ultrasound and I am 33 weeks pregnant and Samuel is measure around 36 weeks! The doctor was like, "Your baby is going to be big and he has a big head." Thanks doc!!! Well, at least I am c-section so I won't be pushing out a watermelon unless he decides to come early! Which at this point, I am okay! He is head down so my pelvic hurts a lot. At least my last day of work is on Friday and I will have the next 5 weeks off before I deliver. Can we please plan lunch dates?!!!
7 comments:
I already knew the outcome of this frightening story and I still pitted out. I am SO GLAD that your job is not in danger. On a lighter note, your shower was so much fun! I was so happy to be a part of it!
Oh my goodness, I have been thinking about you every day worried for you.I'm sorry, I should have just called. WOW, what a rollercoaster of a week for you. What a BLESSING that you still have your job. I am so happy for you!
I just stole the last picture of the four of us. I liked that one better. That was so fun.
So happy your job is secure!! And so sad for me that I live so far away and can't be at your fun parties!! Looks like tons of fun. I can't wait to hear about baby Samuel's arrival! XOXO!
No pink slip for you! What a relief. I'm sorry I missed you shower... 7 hours is a little to far to drive for the night.
BTW- you are gorgeous!
These budget cuts are ridiculous!! I just heard they are planning on getting rid of the full day kindergarten and making it into 3 hours. Right when Riley starts.....He needs longer.....or at least I do!! Not to mention the class sizes will go up by 13-15 more kids. It totally sucks!!! It's great you didn't get a pink slip! Scary times!! Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!!
Yay! That is such great news! Congrats!!
Oh Vicki. I'm so glad to hear you still have your job. I had fun at your shower. Can't wait to meet that new little Zuniga!
Post a Comment