Monday, January 14, 2008

Congratulations to me!

I have officially become the mother of a child who has hit the terrible two's (and he doesn't even turn two until next month!). The hitting, the kicking, the screaming and the temper tantrums have begun. I guess I can now sympathize with all those moms who have children going through the same thing! Can some please help with taming him now?? Just tonight, he yelled at the waitress for taking away our dirty plates? Are you serious? Then when I told him to calm down, he screamed at me? How do our little angels turn into the spawns of satan?

This face appears so innocent and cute yet if he doesn't get his way, WATCH OUT!!!!!

7 comments:

Olive-us said...

Oh, Vicki.
It only gets "better". You just wait and see.
Good luck!

Rebecca M said...

Hey, I got your message on my blog about scrapbooking! I will let you know if we do it on another day! I talked to Kelly Price and she said you're cool...haha! I remember you from a meeting we had with the Stake for Young Women's, well, mostly I remember your son, he is soooo cute! :) Well anyways, take care!

sheena said...

I hate to say I agree with Shawna. Three is looking to be alot worse than two. yikes.

Presley family said...

I am glad that I am not the only one to worn you that 3 is that much more fun!
Julie

carrfamily4 said...

Hey Vicki,
I have to agree with everyone 3 is difficult. Good luck and go get super nannys book, it really helped me to get things under control and find some creative ways of keeping things peaceful.
I keep telling myself that it will pass.
Take care

Jeanette said...

i loved "three". jake hit the terrible twos at 18 months and was out of it by 2. eli, about the same. but spencer! ugh! he hit the terrible twos AT two and it seems to be lasting the ENTIRE year. i can't wait for three. When they are three, they can actually communicate instead of playing the constant grunt guessing game. did i mention i can't wait for three.

Shannon Bousfield said...

I always wondered why I had the urge to get pregnant when Nate was 15 months. What was my hurry? He was so cute and adorable and life with him was so fun. Granted, there was little communication, but he was so sweet I'm sure if he had talked it would have been all lovey-dovey. It's a good thing I did get pregnant then, because had I waited until he was 2 he would have been an only child.

I love these optimistic parents who think "it" ends at 2...or 3... or ever?!