This is Sal with his gay lover! Oh wait, that is just Shane, my sister's husband!
I die over this little one! Kate is so fun and such a firecracker! She is the most hyper and funny child I have ever met! She is hysterical! This is Julie's youngest, at least until Mallory comes in March!
These are my sisters. Julie (brown hair) is my actual sister and Genise (blonde) is my brother's wife! After Christmas with my family, we spent Christmas Eve with Sal's family. They have certain traditions. All the girls have to wear red to dinner, we usually don't eat until 7:00 or 8:00 and we open Christmas gifts at midnight. However, because there are so many little kids and SO many presents, we usually open them around 10:00 and finish around midnight. However, this year, we waited until midnight and it took two an half hours to open them all. Sal has a big family and some of them weren't even there. He has 1 brother and 4 sisters and one sister wasn't there. Then his brother and sister each have spouses and include me, that is a lot of adults. Then total nephew and niece count is 13, only nine were there. It is crazy and everyone has at least one gift!
A picture of all the presents around the Christmas tree!
Him in the Elmo chair, watching Shrek!A gift he got from Grandma and Pada (grandpa) Gerken. He loves it!
So now onto last night! For New Year's Eve, we went over to Sal's aunts house with his family and some of the aunts and uncles and cousins. His dad is from a family of 10 and only about 4 of the siblings and there spouses were there. I think one time we counted up Sal's first cousins and he has roughly 36 first cousins and some of them have kids. Not all of them were there, only about 40 people in total! But that is still a pretty big family party! We each had to bring something from our house that we didn't want anymore for a gift exchange. I ended up with a towel, that serves as a tortilla warmer and Sal ended up with the best gift of the night, a pair of brand new women's slippers, which ended up going to me! They are so comfortable! There was amazing food and lots of fun! My son didn't go to bed until we left at 12:30! I guess my child is going to be a night owl! He was fighting sleep though. But with the DJ and the loud music, he couldn't sleep! Oh well, like Sal said, it is only one night! No party would be complete without a pinata!!!
or Karaoke!!
Overall, it has been a fabulous week an half. Crazy, but fun! On Thursday, Sal and I leave for our mini vacation to Vegas! We are staying in the Bellagio for the first (and probably last time)! We are going to see "O"! I am so excited I can't wait! I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday and got to spend lots of time with family and friends!
6 comments:
Vicki, I love all your familiy traditions. You look so pretty in all of the pictures. Loving all the girls in red. That is such a crack up! Baby Sal is working his "Latin Lover" shirt. SO FUNNY!
Have SO much fun in Vegas!!! Take a bunch of pictures!
I am SO glad that you get all this time off from teaching! You deserve it! The getaway looks so nice!
I am loving all of your pictures! They are just to cute!!! It looks like y'all had lots of fun! I love the baby's shirt! Too cute!
Thanks for the update. It looks like you all had an action-packed Christmas. I am so excited for your Vegas vacation. I can't wait to hear about it- but please don't post any photos. Knowing you Vicki, they will probably all be R to XXX rated.
Have a good time and please respect your blogging audience- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".
Absolutely love the "latin lover" shirt- classic!!!
Fun Pics! Vicki what do I have to do to be invited to sal's christmas.. you know I love me a little pinata! Send me a red shirt, santa hat and find me a latin lover and I will be on my way!
Post a Comment