You are probably wondering what the title of my blog actually means. Pippety snipes is a term that Sal came up with in describing certain types of people. It isn't necessarily meant to be mean but you can take it as you want. To us, it means someone who is either one, some or all of the following: a rich person that flaunts their richness, a rich snobby person who looks at you like you should be happy to be in their presence or just a plain, old snobby person! I know that sometimes I can be snobby so I do fall under the category of being pippety snipes sometimes. The reason I bring this up is because Sal and I had the wonderful time of staying at the Bellagio over our Christmas break and we definitely enjoyed all the Bellagio has to offer, including all of the pippety snipes people! I have wanted to stay at the Bellagio for over 10 years and I finally got the opportunity! It was extremely relaxing, very nice and very expensive. I won't be able to afford to ever stay there again, so I enjoyed all I could. Thanks to my mom and sister who watched the boy! We flew to Vegas and it was wonderful because it only took 45 minutes! WONDERFUL! When we walked into the room, the first thing I did was look at our view. I wanted a view of the strip but this was just as nice.
This is a partial view of the room from the entry way of the room. Just so you know, don't use bubbles in a jacuzzi bathtub. Sal wanted bubbles so we used some shower gel to create bubbles. As you can see, there were a ton of bubbles and that wasn't even half of it. They were oozing over the side of the tub, so we had to but some in the shower. It was hysterical. Before the tub incident, we went down to the buffet and had dinner. I know some of you HATE buffets and think they are cheezy but this one is the best one in Vegas. If you ever go, you have to go try it. After that, we just hung out and watched a movie. The next day, we woke up at 11:00, got ready and ate at the crepery (sorry about the spelling). Some excellent crepes! Then we window shopped at the stores that are way too expensive. Just for fun we went into the Gucci store and I found a purse that was 30% off and it was still 700 dollars! I cannot justify a $700 purse. Then we went back to the room to get ready for our big anniversary night (our anniversary isn't until April but we counted this as our trip because April is too busy with school and work.) We went to dinner at this pippety snipes restaurant called Circo. It was beautifully decorated, had an excellent view of the water show and good food. It was the type of restaurant where the waiter pulls out your chair and puts the napkin on your lap for you! And after every part of your meal, they come and clean the table. I swear someone was in the corner watching us eat because as soon as we finished, they were there cleaning! It was fun to enjoy a fancy, schmancy dinner once in my life.





Notice on the dessert (by the way, which was phenemonal!!) they wrote "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate! Very cool. The last picture is the view of the water show from our table! After dinner, we went back to the room to change to go see Cirque du Soliel's "O"! Talk about the best show I have ever seen. I couldn't take my camera in so I have no pictures but it was so amazing! Half of the show is done on water and they dive into these pools from the rafters of the building and they do the most amazing acrobatics I have ever seen! I was clenching my butt and curling my toes, in hopes they wouldn't fall. Everyone needs to go see it once in their life. We had really good seats. We were in the fifth row from the bottom! It was the best vacation! Short but very fun! The next day, we packed up and left! I wish we could have stayed longer but our bank account wouldn't allow it! I am glad to be back with my son and hope to have another vacation (probably not like this again for a long time) soon!

We tried to take a picture of us before we left for the show!
6 comments:
looks like you guys had an amazing time. I too want to stay there. That and the Venitian. But I'll settle for the Westin which has become our new fav.
VICKI, SO FUN!!!!! I did get a bit nervous about seeing Sal in the bath though! You so needed this wonderful vacation. I am so happy for you! Darling pictures.
Sorry I have been the worst at calling back. When you called the first time I was at Disneyland and the second time I was taking a nap. I am worlds worst caller-back.
Loved your blog though.
How fun! I thought a night alone renting a movie was good..I was wrong! I'm glad you had a good time. But, I have to say I got a little nervous gas when I saw the picture of sal in the bath tub! I thought the next picture might be you popping up with bubbles on your head! Yikes! :)
Vicki! So glad that was your husband in the tub and not just some random extra that came with the room!
I love it, Vicki!
I am so happy you had such an amazing time in Vegas and that you guys really treated yourselves.
Now, I want to go to Vegas and have your exact vacation.
But with Rob instead of Sal.
And I must say, I too was nervous to scroll down to the next picture after the one of Sal in the bathtub. Quite the nail-biter.
I am glad you are back and would love to see you.
p.s.
I love the "Pippety Snipes" label. Too funny.
Post a Comment