Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This is going to be a long one!!!! Sorry!

I have so much to post, I really have no idea where to begin. Let's start with last Tuesday. Our family was blessed to welcome Mallory Jane Butler into our family. My sister gave birth via C-section to this beautiful 8 lbs 5 oz baby. From what I hear, she is a good sleeper and doesn't cry too much. This was my sister's fourth and FINAL baby.

On Friday, was my last day of school for a WHOLE week! My Spring break began and so far, it has been great. Unfortunately, Sal is still in school, so we don't get to go anywhere.

Sunday was obviously Easter. I was so excited for this day because I bought Salvador the cutest outfit and I couldn't wait to put him in it. We went to church, then went to a park with Sal's family and then went to my sister's house later in the evening. It was so fun. Sal comes from a huge family and there were at least 60 people there and that wasn't even everyone. They had an Easter egg hunt and Salvador got more candy than any two year old should have.


Sorry about the poor quality of the photo but I love this picture. He found this tree and once he found this little hole in the tree, he just sat there and played in the dirt, ate his dinner and played with the tree branches. It was so cute!!!This is Salvador's girlfriend Teena. He absolutely dies over her. He is always giggling and showing off when she is around. He always gets this huge smile when she walks in the room. It is hysterical!!!

Monday I got to sleep in until 8:30 (beautiful) and then Salvador and I went to the park with our friend, Rachel, and her son and daughter, Moku and Nahma. It was fun but really hot. Then we came home, took a nap (yes, I actually took a nap) and then we played soccer in our driveway. I have been trying to get Salvador to learn to kick the ball and he finally got it. He was dribbling (soccer term when you kick the ball) all the way down the driveway. It was so cute and he was dying laughing!!



Then finally the day came. Let me give a little bit of background information. Amanda and I were roommates up at Utah State and I actually have kept in touch with her (she is the WORST at calling back) but I still love her and we have been trying for a year now to get together. Well, we did. I met her and Summer (another friend from Utah State) at Pei Wei in Newport Beach and then we were off to Sprinkles. This was my first time at Sprinkles and I must say it was pretty good. I didn't die over them at first but as I was driving home, I started thinking about the cupcakes and I totally starting craving another one. I think they put something in their cupcakes so you want more. It was so good FINALLY seeing Amanda. She is such an amazing person and I love her to death! She has such a good heart and is one of the most sincere people I know. I just wish I saw her more often.

Me enjoying my first bite ever!The babies. Berkley and Sal got along so well together. Summer, I am all about arranged marriages, after his mission of course! This picture is funny. This guy was so random. He was behind us in line and Summer was holding our place while Amanda and I took a picture. Anyways, when we tried to squeeze back in line, he totally moved closer to Summer, so we couldn't cut. Wait!! We were in front of him. So in shock, we just got behind him and he had no problem with it. Amanda and I were dying and then he turns to Summer, who came back with us and was like, "weren't you in front of me?" Lame! Then he tried to be nice and was playing with Berkley's hair and Summer gave this "don't touch my daughter's hair" polite laugh. People are so random!

Well, I must go. I made an appointment to go get a massage!!! I am also getting my nails done too! Hopefully, it is going to be a relaxing day!

4 comments:

SUMMER said...

I LOVE how you weren't sure about the cupcake and then couldn't stop thinking about them! Aren't they SO addicting! Amanda and I have got to stop going up there and spending all of our money on cupcakes! Sal is a good boy and is adorable! It was a fun day!!!

A Rosie Family said...

I'm so glad that you posted pictures of Malory! I have been checking religiously every day since she was born. I have been so sick and didn't want to pass it along so I havent gotten over to see your sis and family yet! Tell them congrats for me! She is adorable. And Sal's easter outfit was so cute! He's a doll!!

Anonymous said...

Vicki!!! You make me feel so good about myself, I love you too, and think you are amazing...okay, about the crazy, was he russian? body-builder guy, i don't know if you heard him, but when he ordered, he didn't say anything he just pointed and said "12", then he turned to summer and said, "red velvet...the rest is for rookies", LOL i can't stop dying over it, okay hank is screaming for help, because i left him alone with frelly.....gotta go!!!! i love you, amanda

Jodie said...

We have been in CA the past few weeks but have been busy with my sister's family (also visiting) all last week and now we are in AZ for a few days. We leave next week for CO. We'll be back out in the summer for a longer time so lets plan on getting together then when things aren't so rushed! Somehow it seems I am much more busier and tired here than at my own home. Love your blog and am craving a cupcake right now!