Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HE DID IT!!!!!

Seriously, I couldn't be more happy! My son pooped in the toliet!!!!!!! I wasn't going to really start until summer so I could be more dedicated but we have been introducing him to the toliet and putting him on it (we have one of those little seats that fits on your normal toliet.) He has been saying he has to go so we put him on and he will sit there for 30 seconds and say all done. Yesterday, however, he came and said "Momma, poo poo toliet." I went running and sat him there. He sat there for about 1 1/2 minutes and then said all done. I looked and nothing. I told him to go and he sat there and played with the toliet paper. He was having fun and then after about another minute, he said all done. I looked again and there it was! I started screaming and telling him how wonderful he was. I am sure I scared him into not pooping again on the toliet. But hey, we are on our way into getting rid of the diapers!!!! Let's just hope he keeps it up!!!!

7 comments:

Rachel Garces said...

Tell your little guy congrats on his big accomplishment. I always resorted to bribery. I went to costco and bought the big Kirkland brand of Chocolate covered raisins. So they thought they were getting candy and I didn't feel like I was always giving candy at least there was some nutritional value to it. Before you know it he'll be looking for ways to earn the rewards and tada he's potty trained. Congrats, again.

Ryan and Tenneal said...

I totally know how you feel, poop is a big thing and when it lands in the toilet it's even better. We are still working on Chas getting it ALL in the toilet.

Jodie said...

Hi My Friend!! I so missed you while we were in CA. It was a hard month and I was exhausted! I didn't see a single friend. We'll be out in July sometime. Can we plan a girl's night? Is Casey still there in CA? Please tell her hello for me if you guys still talk. Lots of Love, jodie

Brian and Kara said...

Hey Zuniga Family! I found your blog through the Presley's blog. Your little boy is so cute!! And by the way, congrats on pooping in the toilet! Brian and I have a blog too. We just had a baby girl in March and are loving it. Can I add you to my friends list? Hope you're doing well...it seems like you are! Check out ours: http://brianandkara.blogspot.com/

Hope to catch up with you soon!

~Kara, Brian, & Addison

Presley family said...

YEAH!!! Getting him to go in the potty for the first time is half the battle. Now he knows that there isn't anything scary about it!wink!! How are things going??

amanda said...

can you please come pott-train faith for me...i am so OVER it!!!

Mamasita said...

come on it's been a month!