
I came home last Friday and it definitely has been fun trying to balance a newborn and a 3 year old. Luckily, I have had a lot of help from family taking Salvador why I tried to get back to normal and while studies for his last 2 weeks of school! Yes, only 2 more weeks of school and 3 weeks until graduation. Sidenote: don't have a baby if your husband only has 3 weeks left of school! It is crazy and stressful but he has been a big help.
Samuel is doing great. He gained back what weight he lost in the hospital and then some. He struggled a little bit with the sleeping at night thing but he is getting better. We get about 3-4 hours in a row before he wakes up and wants to eat. Then I feed him and he goes right back to sleep. He is definitely improving. And the swollen nose (I have a weird thing about babies having big noses) has gotten a much better! Not as big!
Me, on the other hand, struggled a little bit. I left the hospital feeling great and with little pain. Then Tuesday hit. I got up to feed, put the baby down, and then it hit. A migraine! OH MY GOSH! I have never had one and if you have had one, I completely sympathize with you! HORRIBLE PAIN! Sal got up with me, sat next to me, gave me a blessing and in about 30 minutes I feel asleep. I woke up and it was gone. Thank goodness.Then Thursday hit and the same thing again except when I woke up, it didn't go away and all day Thursday I had a lingering horrible headache. My dad babysat me while Sal was at school and my sister in law's took Salvador. Around 5:00, I called my doctor and she said it sounded like I had some spinal fluid leaking and that I needed to go to the hospital and get it patched up with what is known as a blood patch. So my dad took me to emergency (we were in and out in 2 hours, that was a miracle). Basically, what that is is they take blood from my arm and inject it like an epidural. It then coagulates and patches up the leak. It worked and I was feeling better but I had to lay flat on my back for the next 24 hours, only sitting up to eat, breast feed and use the bathroom. Obviously, they have never had a 3 year old. Luckily, my brother in law took him for the day so I could rest and Sal could study and take care of me. I am feeling much better and I am constantly praying the pain never comes back because I would rather have 47 c-sections before I ever get a headache like that again!
9 comments:
Vicki, I'm glad you're feeling better. I've heard spinal headaches are the worst. I've had migraines and those are not fun. Good luck with everything and I hope the headaches stay away.
OH MY GOODNESS VICKI!!! I am so sorry. that is brutal. My heart just hurts for you. Please call me if you need me this week. I am so sorry.
Your pictures are darling though. That first one of the new zuniga family is awesome!
Love you.
Congratulations on your new addition! You have a beautiful family! Love - Hilarie
I'm glad you're feeling better. One of my cousins had that happen to her. I'm glad I didn't...I HATE migraines!
Geez Louise Vicki! I am sorry that you had to have that craziness. Hope your Mother's Day is a good one with your 2 darling little boys!
FIRST FAMILY PHOTO!! Vicki you are a lucky girl!
I love ALL your photos!!! :) What a cute family you have!!
Sorry to hear about your spinal headache! I hope you feel better really soon!
ahhh vicki, i am so sorry. that so sucks! But your baby is beautiful:) I hope things get better
I am so sorry, that kind of pain is terrible. hope you continue to mend. your family is so darling. give those boys lots of kisses.
Post a Comment