Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A possible solution

I promise to get some pics up soon! Quick update on my situation, on Monday I was transported to the hospital via ambulance because I was showing symptoms of a stroke. Yep, a stroke!! So after a 3rd CT scan and more blood work and whatever else, they sent me home I said I had a TIA, a "mini" stroke and they usually go away after about 30 minutes. What a way to scare my husband!!! So I went to a neurologist today and FINALLY got some answers, instead of the doctor's looking at me with a question mark on their face. This wonderful doctor told me that my hormones never returned to normal after my c-section, causing my brain to release oxytocin and other hormones to my body, causing the migraines, seizure and the migraine in turn could have caused the TIA. He took me off all but 2 of my meds, told me to take 3 types of vitamins and said this should work! I am hoping and PRAYING!!!!!!!

On Friday, is Sal's graduation from CSULB! Nothing is keeping me from that. If I need a gurney and an IV hook up, I am going! I am so excited!! By the way, Sal said on Sunday, that all this could be caused by abnormal hormone levels. Can I give the money that is supposed to go to the doctor who diagnosed me, to Sal? I love that he is so smart!

5 comments:

The Sohm's said...

I'm so glad that you have some answers now and hopefully you will be on the road to recovery. Seriously, it is not fair being a women dealing with all of our wacked up hormones!!!

carrfamily4 said...

Vicki I am so glad you are feeling better. That is so scary but glad things are going a little better. Good luck and keep us updated

Brian and Kara said...

Oh my gosh!!! You poor woman! I'm so sorry you've been through so much. I'm glad to hear that the doctors have figured out what's going on. Hope you're feeling better and tell your hubby congrats on graduation!!

Mamasita said...

Geez Vicki!!
What a nightmare! I'm glad you got some answers! I hope the vitamins work. Don't have a stroke during sal's graduation.. he's worked really hard for this...you would totally steal his thunder. :)

A Rosie Family said...

Wow, that is so crazy. I'm so glad you finally have some answers and hopefully the solution! Thank goodness for great docters! (And smart husbands:)