Monday, October 15, 2007

The "Pudin" patch

I have been checking my friends' blogs everyday to see what they have posted. I get frustrated when they don't post everyday. But then I looked at my blog and realized I haven't posted since LAST sunday. I guess I can't get frustrated anymore. So last week, we went to the pumpkin patch (pudin as my son calls it) for family home evening. It was Sal, Salvador and me and my sister and her family and my brother and sister-in-law. Salvador had a ball. He usually is good about staying near by because he doesn't really like to be far from Sal and I but not in this case. He took off. He was so intrigued by the pumpkins, he didn't know how to act. Plus Kate was there, and he will follow her everywhere she goes. The first stop was the pony rides. The man put him on the pony and I have never seen my son have such a nervous breakdown. He was screaming and shaking and his face was turning red. The man was nice enough to allow me to hold his hand and walk around with him and the pony. Now if I was a good mom, I would have just taken my son off the pony and comforted him in his time of distress but of course I didn't. I made him stay on that pony and like it. (I had to give up 3 tickets which were 1.60 each. He was going to like it). Well, for the first 1 1/2 he had the death grip on my shirt, pleading "mama, mama" with tears streaming down his face. Then he realized it was fun and was waving and saying hi to all the people watching. I helped him get over his fear, so I guess that makes me a good mom again. After the pony rides, Kate and Sal went on the elephant ride and had such a blast. I swear if Kate ran into oncoming traffic, so would my son. HE IDOLIZES HER!!! Then they went on the train, which he loves and didn't want to get off. Finally, we had to stop by those stupid things were you put your face in it and the body is something lame. Yeah, you just can't pass those up. I am thinking Christmas card, considering we all look half way decent! Overall, it was a fun night. I am glad my brother and Genise showed up considering Genise was a full 9 months pregnant and was 3 days away from her due date. I love that Salvador is at that age now where he can have fun and show off his cute personality. It was also fun to run into Sarah and her family. Her girls are so cute. I can't seem to upload the rest of the pictures, this seems to be it. I try a little later!

No comments: