Monday, October 29, 2007

Being a Working Mom

I stayed home from work today to hang out with my son because I feel I have been neglectful. For those of you who don't know, I work full time at Paramount High School and part time as an online teacher for CAVA (California Virtual Academy). It has been a stressful month and an half and I felt that my son needed so mommy and me time. I just want to take time to commend all you working mothers. I know how hard it is and how mentally draining it can be. A couple of Fridays ago, I came home from work and just cried and cried because I hated my job (I now like it again but still feel my students aren't getting the best of me). I envy those moms who get to stay at home with the children. It was such a fun day to hang out with my boy. I know how hard it is to be a stay at home mom (i got to be one for 2 1/2 months is the summer) but I would so much rather be staying at home than going to work everyday. I know some stay at home moms sometimes wish to be in the work force but trust me, ENJOY STAYING AT HOME!!!! I guess the whole point of this blog was just to vent and commend everyone who is a mom and what a wonderful but difficult job we have. I know within the next couple of years, I will still be a working mom but will eventually be doing it from home. (I will quit full time and work at CAVA from home once Sal starts teaching). I can't wait for that day!!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Hull said...

Vicki, you're so good. thanks for your blog. It's so hard to be a mom, but to juggle work and motherhood would put me over the edge. You seem to handle it so well and make the best of your situation. I am glad you had a good mommy-sal day.