Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Learning is fun.



I love being a mom and I have realized that my little guy is not so little. I am getting the baby itch again but we can't really afford it until after Sal is out of school. I have come to realize that my little man is starting to get a mind of his own. Here are just a few of the new things he has learned over the past month.


1. That his sippy cups go in the trash. Sal and I go crazy looking all over the house for the lost sippy cup because we don't want to find a cup full of cottage cheese that makes our house smell. Well, on Monday, after searching for a good 15 minutes for a stupid cup, something told me to look in the trash. Sure enough, there it was. He has learned that when something is done, to throw it in the trash (he knows it as "basura"). Now we just have to teach that the cups don't go there.


2. He has learned to lean like a cholo. Yes, my little Salvador, dances like a cholo. It is the funniest thing!


3. The word "mine." When he doesn't want to give something up, he yells really loud, "mine."


4. He peed on the couch for the first time tonight. I wish I would have gotten a picture but he was standing naked and I was afraid for the poop to come next. I was getting his shower ready, so he was naked (which he loves to be) in his roomand I was in the bathroom checking the water. I come around the corner and he is looking at his penius, hips thrust forward and pee going onto the couch. I couldn't help but laugh because that is such a boy thing but then I had to tell him no and he just laughed and ran into the bathroom. I love when kids listen.


5. My most favorite thing is he now says "I U" and "amo." This is his way of saying I love you, in both English and Spanish. It just melts my heart.


6. That it is fun to watch Mommy and Daddy kiss. We have started this tradition that after night prayers, we give each other kisses. He puts his hands on the back of Sal and mines heads and pushes us together until we kiss. This lasts for about 2 minutes with him laughing hysterically. I like the game he plays except that he kept trying to do it to us in sacrament meeting and then would scream at us when we wouldn't kiss. Isn't it great when your kid screams during a quiet sacrament meeting!



There are so many other things that he has learned, I could go on and on but these are just of few of my favorite. Kids are great and I can't wait to have another. I guess I have been spoiled because Salvador is so good. I fear my next one might be a terror. Let's hope not.

1 comment:

Sarah Hull said...

I can't believe how fast he is growing. I remember you calling me to tell me you were prego and it felt like yesterday! Cute pictures. The kissing story is a crack up... especially in Sac. meeting. How funny!